Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sweet & Sour Rice

0 Comments

I had made some basic meatballs for Sweet & Sour Meatballs.  They were just sitting in the freezer waiting for something to go with it so I made up some Sweet & Sour Rice.

I didn't measure anything, I didn't even look at a recipe--yikes!  I mixed up:
pineapple tidbits and juice (the whole can)
garlic power
onion power
ground ginger
soy sauce
apple cider vinegar
minced garlic
minced ginger
brown sugar

I kept adding things and tasting until it tasted right.

I made several cups of Jasmine rice in my rice cooker.  I Put a serving of rice with some sweet and sour sauce, into a container then into the freezer.  To heat, I put in some of the meatballs, then a container of rice and sauce into my mini crock pot and heat for 2-3 hours.

I think I need to trust myself more and cook without recipes.  Maybe we all need to try it once in a while.


Pamm


Share/Save/Bookmark


Subscribe to Leftovers On Purpose by Email

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...