Monday, January 2, 2012

Weekend Cooking

It has been two months of traveling and staying with others.  After finally moving into our own apartment, I'm back to cooking ahead.  Without cooking for toddlers, I have to remember not to cook so much at once.  I feel like I did a mini-session, but actually have several meals.


Hamburger meat for spaghetti.
I browned hamburger with some minced onion and garlic powder.  I put it in a container and in the freezer.  I'll defrost it and add it to spaghetti sauce.



Turkey Burgers
I mixed ground turkey, cracker crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and minced onion.  I made patties and fried them in a pan.  I got 11 patties out of two pounds of ground turkey.



Tangy Sweet Potatoes
I followed the link recipe, except I used the juice of two small lemons instead of the juice from the mandarin oranges.

I have turkey burgers for lunches made, yummy sweet potatoes, and meat ready for spaghetti.  It feels good to have some ready-made meals again.


Pamm


Share/Save/Bookmark







Subscribe to Leftovers On Purpose by Email

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love to keep containers of browned ground beef in the freezer for quick meals. I'll do some plain and spice some containers up with garlic and onion. I have a surprise for you on my blog... http://simplecookery.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails